Where should I sign up and make payments?
We invite you to sign up on our website dragonflymass.com or at our Mas Camp located at Suite #11A Tamkris Apartments, Worthing Main Road, Christ Church, Barbados (next door to Mojos).
ALL PAYMENTS SHOULD BE MADE DIRECTLY TO UNIQUE PRODUCTIONS WORLDWIDE LTD THROUGH OUR WEBSITE OR MAS CAMP. ABSOLUTELY NO PAYMENTS OF ANY KIND ARE TO BE MADE TO ANYONE CLAIMING TO BE REPRESENTATIVES OF DRAGONFLY MASS.
Accepted Forms of Payment:
- Cheques (by no later than July 12, 2013)
- Wire Transfers
- Bank Deposits
- Western Union
All cheques must be written to Unique Productions Worldwide Ltd. For wire transfer and bank deposit information kindly e-mail us for details to:
Can I get my costume delivered?
Yes, you can have your costume delivered directly to you! We have teamed up with Fastrack Couriers Inc. to provide this convenient service on island to our masqueraders.
- The cost is $40.00 BBD to any parish in Barbados
- For the masquerader to be eligible for delivery, the costume must be paid in full by July 12, 2013
- Delivery times are between 8am - 12pm; 12pm - 4pm; and 4pm - 8pm
Why the theme "Mythology"?
Myths of one kind or another have touched virtually every culture in existence, including our own right here in Barbados. Myths have been, and in many cultures continue to be, used to explain how the world came to be. As sacred narratives they have passed from generation to generation and although separate cultures imbue them with different themes and characteristics, there are enough similarities to suggest that human beings are much more alike than we may seem on the surface. We embrace the power of Crop Over to unite people and regard this “togetherness” as a major tenet in the DFM philosophy.
Mas Camp Information:
Suite #11A Tamkris Apartments
Worthing Main Road
Phone: 246-271-2966 or 246-267-4054
What is the band route?
The governing bodies of the Crop Over Festival make the decisions on the composition of the route for each respective band and this information will be relayed in due course. It is our intention to cross ALL judging points.
What entertainment is planned for Kadooment Day?
The band will have three (3) of the top DJs on island who will entertain you all the way to Spring Garden (end of the route).
Is the band all-inclusive? (drinks, food, etc.)
Yes! DragonFly Mass is a Premium/ALL-INCLUSIVE Membership Band.
What are the package details?
Please visit the PACKAGE page for information.
What payment methods are in place for persons living abroad and registering online?
We accept only Credit Card payments online. All online payments require a 50% deposit to secure your membership.
What are the features of the designs?
The DragonFly Mass design team has worked to create costumes that marry original designs with an exciting mix of materials. Additionally, materials have been sourced from the global market and feature some new intriguing elements. Visit the SECTIONS page for a closer look at the costumes.
Who is DragonFly Mass creative team?
Producing a band involves much more than creating an event. The creative team for DragonFly Mass draws on the talents of designers, lawyers, accountants and fashion experts including:
- Rodney Powers: Creative & Design Director, Fashion, Music and Lifestyle Specialist. Rodney’s portfolio includes concept development, marketing, designing and sponsor relations for the DFM brand.
- Cheryl Gill-Eversley: Public Relations & Communications Director. Cheryl is a specialist in her field and works within the creative team to keep the vision of DFM alive.
- Kesia Estwick: Designer. Kesia is a young designer with an emerging reputation for cutting edge design.
- Chandy Lewis: Designer. Chandy is one of the creative minds behind DragonFly Mass 2013 bringing the sexiest costumes on the road for Crop Over 2013.
How many sections are in the band?
There are six (6) for Grand Kadooment Day
Will the band compete on Kadooment Day?
Yes! DragonFly Mass will participate at all judging points designated for the 2013 Crop Over Festival, as long as it does not disrupt the enjoyment and revelry of our masqueraders.